Business Consultant | SME Business Support | Up to £46,000 | East Midlands
Do you want the opportunity to work with some the most exciting and innovative SME's in the East Midlands? Do you want to work with them to unlock and maximise growth opportunity in the UK and internationally, and take them to the next level on their commercial journey? If so, Cherry Professional is working with a highly successful business to appoint a BusinessConsultant or Business Advisor to join a dynamic business advisory team to help SME's excel, develop and achieve their maximum market potential. Do you have first-hand experience at a senior level within a growing business or start up? Perhaps you've got your own consultancy business and already work in an advisory type role. If so, then this will be a highly rewarding role for you.
The main purpose of the role is to make a significant contribution to the scale up of ambitious, high-growth businesses by providing tailored support across the key areas of Innovation. You will use your knowledge around innovation planning and suggest relevant tools to do so. You'll provide advice on financial opportunities to aid growth and scale. Alongside this you will use your expert knowledge on new markets and internationalisation to enhance business profiles. The ability to demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurial culture and to build effective relationships at senior/board level is crucial. You will be a confident networker and be able to build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Act as a strategic coach and mentor to clients to support them in developing their own long term innovation strategy.
- Help businesses thrive and scale through innovative and tailored advice.
- Use skills and knowledge to review business needs and offer viable growth and funding initiatives. Offer advice on relevant business support providers.
- Provide information on intellectual property matters and global collaboration.
- Experience of leading, coaching and motivating business leaders.
- Assessing risk through analysis of business plans, financial accounts and other supporting information.
- Understanding of IPR and IP commercialisation strategies together with an understanding of access to finance.
- Understanding of the business support landscape together with funding and support available through Innovate UK.
Commutable from Derby, Newark, Lincoln, Nottingham, Leicester, and Mansfield.