Acorn is proud to partner the NHS with exciting opportunities across the UK. We are currently recruiting for a Band 8A - Pathology Operational Manager for LIMS Project. The candidate will be responsible for operational oversight of hub laboratory, including recruitment, management of staff, equipment and QMS. The role is based at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and to start asap for a 12-18 month contract.
*To work closely with the Blood Sciences Lead, Pathology Services Manager and the Consultant Pathologists to deliver a quality-driven, cost effective and customer focused Blood Sciences service, (the Service)
* To contribute to the scientific output of the Service, in a manner appropriate to the professional experience of the post holder.
* To ensure the introduction and maintenance of programmes to ensure that all staff are appropriately trained and developed.
* To manage any realignments of elements of service provision, in close cooperation with the Blood Sciences Lead, Pathology Services Manager and the Consultant pathologists
Key Skills and Education required
* To lead, manage and motivate staff across multiple sites
* High Interpersonal skills
* Good practical knowledge of health & safety issues including COSHH, fire regulations and risk assessments
* Literate in laboratory computerisation and PC office applications
* Able to decide upon and implement policies and procedures within the constraints set by the laboratory, Trust and other regulating and professional bodies
* MSc/ Fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Science.
* HCPC State registration
* Evidence of mandatory on-going CPD
Please submit your CV and a member of our Public Sector Team will be in contact to discuss further details of the role, responsibilities, and benefits.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy