An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Retail Assistant Shop Manager in our new Mind Charity Shop soon to open in Queensway, London. You will be responsible for assisting the manager to deliver sales/profit targets through the effective management and motivation of the shop team including volunteers.
You will exceed customer expectations by giving the highest quality of service.
If you have the enthusiasm, energy and 'can do' approach that will ensure you meet the challenges and expectations of charity retailing, we would love to hear from you! In return we offer a great benefits package including Core Induction and Training programme, NVQ opportunities and 25 days holiday (pro rota)
To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
To assist the manager to deliver sales/profit targets through the effective management and motivation of the shop team including volunteers. Exceed customer expectations by giving the highest quality of service. Adhere to the Mind mission and core values of the charity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
To assist the manager in the following and to have full responsibility when the manager is not there:
* You may be required to work extra hours and undertake additional responsibilities in managers absence
* Actively participates in two way communication sharing and exchanging relevant and appropriate information with the shop manager Regional Manager and Head Office personnel
* Ensures all company policies, shop standards and operating procedures are communicated effectively to shop staff and maintained and followed through in a consistent manner
* Plans and organises daily work load throughout the shop in a way that ensures efficient customer service and a profitable operation
* Ensures all Security, Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to in order to provide a safe and secure shop environment for staff ,customers and company assets Provides regular and relevant training for staff in Health and Safety, maintains legal compliance at all times
* Prepares and completes all shop administration inclusive of cash handling and banking functions to the highest standard, accurately and on time, always adhering to Company Policies and Procedures
* Monitors and controls variable costs e.g. petty cash in accordance with the set targets to maximise the profitability of the shop
* Provides regular performance feedback, conducts formal performance reviews, trains and develops shop staff in customer service standards, operating standards and retailing skills
* Proactively recruits for volunteers, effectively plans volunteer cover and trains in areas related to business needs to realise their full sales potential and contribution to the shop performance
* Presents and maintains the highest standards of shop merchandising and visual layout
* Provides direction and support to shop staff to actively promote Gift Aid in order to maximise contributions from donations. Identifies local market and business development opportunities for performance improvement
* Achieves the optimum price point for all stock items and promotional merchandise for seasoned and windowed themes. Continually reviews the rotation, quality and replenishment of stock in order to maximise sales
* Ensures maximum stock availability through effective control of collections - generating and sourcing high quality stock, monitoring stock flow into the shop and managing the delivery schedule for the collectors
* To ensure that all sales targets , KPI's and results are communicated and that all staff are aware of, understand and are working to meet/exceed the agreed targets and KPI's