Purpose of job
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based in Winfrith, Dorset is a leading provider of science and technology solutions to the UK Ministry of Defence, the Royal Navy and to other defence departments and corporate customers internationally.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Surface Ship Systems Division which has a growing product portfolio in the areas of Surface Ships, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Maritime Security and Autonomous Systems.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK is seeking an experienced product manager who has vision, understands our customers, the end user operations, and the capabilities that our equipment provides to deliver leading edge innovative solutions.
The Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of product management of the Complex Systems products within the Surface Ship Systems Division of ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK. This cutting-edge portfolio currently includes underwater security and surveillance systems, anti-submarine warfare systems, torpedo defence, crewed and uncrewed vessels.
The Product Manager has a key input the overall strategy of the company. The role is an inter-disciplinary role, coordinating between teams and working closely with engineering, business development, sales and marketing throughout the product lifecycle.
Knowledge Skills and Person Qualities Required:
* Understands the customer community, end user operations, and the capabilities that our equipment provides.
* Able to integrate and play a leading role within the wider product teams of AEUK
* Broad range of capabilities (product management, marketing, business development, bidding)
* Track record in the product management of complex systems particularly in the maritime defence domain
* Hard working, dedication and goal driven
* Setting a clear product vision and strategy
* Owning product roadmaps that connects customers, stakeholders and the company's innovation and engineering expertise
* Producing product definition documents (specifications for new products and product-specific services)
* Conducting market and competition analysis
* Writing internal investment business cases to provide capability improvements to our products
* Managing internal R&D tasks
* Driving standardisation and reuse strategy within our products
* Exploiting company innovation into new or existing products
* Working alongside business development, sales, system design, and engineering
* Attending conferences and events related to our products and sector
* Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
* Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
* Tenacity and determination; with desire to deliver outputs and results
* Team player and leader
* Confident and enthusiastic
* Excellent communication skills; oral and written
* Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
* Experience in product development / management for the UK and export markets
* Specific experience in one or more of the defence domains / product lines listed above would be advantageous
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance) on commencement, and willing to achieve DV clearance.
This role offers the opportunity to work within an exciting, rapidly expanding business that offers genuine long term career opportunities working on leading technology projects in a highly supportive environment