Service Desk Manager
8 Week Contract
£400 a day
Birmingham 3 days / Remote 2 days
Our client is looking for a Service Desk Manager to join their busy as ever company on a initial 8 week contract to lead a service desk function for the WFM Application Support programme, ensuring excellent customer service standards and managing incident life cycles.
The successful Service Desk Manager will also ensure that your team deal with issues and problems efficiently and effectively, leading a team of 4 service desk operators and Team Leader interacting with up to 10 resolver groups as well as developing and maintaining standards and processes, ensuring adherence and vocalise issues and/or concerns to the Programme Team in a timely and balanced manner.
Key Responsibilities as a Service Desk Manager :
* Mange WFM queries relating to some payroll, data structure, pay rules, configuration, and hardware.
* Managing a team of up to 4 Service Desk Operators and a team leader.
* Ensuring accurate maintenance of data bases and knowledge banks
* Develop process to improve the operation of the team and deliver efficient and effective responses to the end users
* Support Programme by highlighting trends and problems
* SME centre of excellence
* Investigation of open tickets, ensuring timely closure, and reporting trends
* Liaise with other function service desks to ensure timely transfer of information.
* Maintain service levels to deliver key SLA's
* Manage, lead and develop front facing colleagues
* Monitor and assess service desk processes and performance and implement improvements
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure issues are accurately identified and resolved
* Identify and escalate any risks and issues where appropriate
* Cross training/knowledge share across the in-house System Administration function
* Support communication with sites and sectors
Skills and Experience needed in order to be a successful Service Desk Manager :
* Experience of working on a range of service desk solutions
* Experience of using and developing Jira
* Experience of successfully leading a team and driving improvement
* Workforce Management application experience
* Operational experience in more than one catering environment or HR central function
* Experience of key interlinking systems such as payroll, HR, IT, or Time & Attendance
* Strong ability to able to communicate to business stakeholders
Please apply for the Service Desk Manager as directed.