ROLE: SPORTS AND PUBLIC SERVICES LECTURER
LOCATION: NORTH EAST
RATE: £20-£22 PER HOUR DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
HOURS: 18 HOURS PER WEEK, 2X FULL DAYS AND 2X HALF DAYS
LENGTH: ROLLING MONTHLY CONTRACT
Reed Further Education are looking for individuals with the ability to deliver Sport & Public Service units, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of teaching on a Sport and Public Services courses and ideally experience of working within the sports industry or in one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services.
- As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent.
- You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
- Enhanced DBS or willing to obtain one
- Experience of working in FE.
The main duties of the post holder are:
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
- To teach and assess on courses including Gym Instructor, Extended Certificate's in Sport/Uniformed Public Services, BTEC Level 2 to 3 Diploma's in Sport/Uniformed Public Services.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.Did you know?
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years' referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- Reed Further Education offer market leading pay rates; along with additional holiday pay.
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please get in contact.