An established healthcare business with significant presence across Europe and Asia.Job Description
- Working with external advisors to identify and implement tax planning opportunities within Europe.
- Identifying and implementation of tax risk management policies/framework
- Maintenance and enforcement of transfer pricing policies, including assistance with documenting processes, undertaking calculations etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Co-ordination of the preparation and lodgment of Corporate Income Tax returns for all jurisdictions. The actual prepration would be undertaken by specialist external tax advisors in each jurisdiction but the TME would be the primary contact with these teams to provide them with the necessary information to prepare the returns. The TME would also ensure that lodgment deadlines etc are being met
- Preparation and lodgment of European VAT returns for all jurisdictions. This would include working with external service providers (eg EY, PwC, Thomson Reuters) in developing and implementing software solutions/systems to achieve this.
- Preparation of tax effect accounting journals for all European jurisdictions. This would involve working with EY to set up software systems/platforms to automate this.
- Oversight and engagement with external service providers to ensure that any other tax compliance obligations are attended to.
What's on Offer
- CTA/ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Practice background would be advantageous
- Working for a large corporate entity with experience in direct and indirect taxes with a multi-jurisdictional presence.
- Initiative/Work Independently - A crucial aspect of the role will be for the TME to identify tax issues and opportunities and pursue them through to completion. A large part of this will require them working independently and be a self starter as opposed to being micro-managed.
- Project Management Skills/Experience - The TME will be required to manage the completion of a large number of direct and indirect tax compliance obligations in multiple jurisdictions dealing with multiple stakeholders. Strong project and time management skills will be essential to achieving this.
- Strong Communication Skills - Although being a self starter who will have a fair amount of autonomy, it will be necessary for the TME to regularly update and advise key stakeholders (ie direct reports, shared service centre, external advisors) on the status of work/projects etc.
- Team player - The TME will need to work closely with other members of the financial shared service centre and be comfortable in such an environment.
Quote job ref
+44 186 520 8782