Goldhawk Associates are working with an established practice in Canterbury that is looking to appoint a Practice Accountant. The client is going through a period of growth and they are looking for individuals who are keen to progress their career within a fast-paced and engaging firm.
This is an exciting opportunity as this is a pivotal time to join their growing Accounts team as they have a strategic growth plan in place over the next 5 years and are winning new clients at a very fast rate. Their portfolio of clients ranges in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. They are looking to bring an experienced accountant into work within one of their business specialisms and they are constantly evolving so can offer the opportunity to move internally and diversify your experience as progression and CPD are encouraged and supported.
You will be responsible for:
• Managing a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships, and sole traders
• You will engage with clients, liaising with them on all areas of accounts and taxation, providing a rounded service.
• You will manage all aspects of the client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT, overseeing and supporting the team.
• Review work completed by junior team members
• Working with existing clients to maintain strong relationships and engage with new clients as the main point of contact for the firm
• Work effectively with minimal support to complete works within budget and set deadlines
• Reporting directly to a Partner you will work with a team of Managers to represent the firm and service the client base
You must be:
• ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent
• Have previous experience of working in a practice environment;
• Experience in managing a client portfolio;
• Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
• Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
• The ability to take responsibility and work effectively
• Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
• Strong organisational skills
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong IT skills are essential and experience in Sage, Xero would be beneficial
In turn, the firm can offer development and a flexible approach to working. They have a varied work offering which includes working from home and agile working. They can also consider part-time.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.