Application Deadline: 26th December 2021
Salary: £26,116.12 per annum
An exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Deputy Manager as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £26,112.12 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities - Supported Living
Location: Lambeth - Streatham
Positions Available: 2
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days' annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan & Cycle to work Scheme (eligible after 1 years' service)
About the role
The role of the Deputy Manager is to partner with the Manager to provide leadership, development and direction across supported living services. This is to ensure that the team provides the people we support with the service they need to lead a good life and achieve the things that are important to them and their families.
The service consists of Supported Living and Respite facilities with the Deputy Managers expected to work across both areas.
Duties will include:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives
- Ensure people are supported in everyday tasks in a respectful way that meets their individual needs and preferences and enables them to do as much as possible themselves; to give them as much choice, control and involvement as possible
- To develop and implement individual care plans; ensuring all plans and records relating to people we support are accurate and up to date
- Supervise, coach and train colleagues in person centred support practices, giving and acting on received feedback on what is going well and what is not going well
- Ensure effective day to day management of colleagues inclusive of activity delegation, quality assurance, performance management and recruitment and selection as appropriate to the role
To be a Deputy Manager at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Experience of supporting people who have learning disabilities and/or autism or additional physical needs to become more active in their community
- Experience of mentoring/supervising/coaching others
- Person centred working & developing person centred support plans with individuals
- Enabling people with learning disabilities support needs to take positive risks in their lives
- Understand the challenges that are likely to be faced by many people with disabilities support needs
- Knowledge of Safeguarding
From 11th November 2021, legislation requires all colleagues in Registered Care locations to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 unless medically exempt. Please be aware that this role may require you to work in a registered care home and will be covered by this legislation and so requires you to be willing to be fully vaccinated unless exempt under the legislation.
About the Organisation
The Certitude Group are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we can support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1,500 colleagues and volunteers with a turnover of £48m.
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
Do you want to be a Deputy Manager at Certitude? Please select the apply button, complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch! A job description and person specification is attached to this advert.
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency