T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Payments Officer on behalf of a successful and rapidly growing engineering services company based in Gloucester.
This is the opportunity for an experienced Payments Officer to make a difference within a new Shared Service Centre for Finance. The main purpose of the Payments Officer role is to support the group finance team by driving compliance and process improvement to effectively manage the risk around the payment process.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
* Responsible for the first approval on all payments before being entered onto the bank
* Develop processes around the payments to minimise risk areas in the group payment process
* Ensure compliance with existing and new processes throughout the group
* Create, maintain and own the payment timetable and ensure all payments are made in a timely manner
* Ensure all payments have been approved in accordance with the authority matrix prior to sending
* Validate bank account details for all bank transfers
* Ownership of all bank movements
* Bank reconciliations
* Detailed cash reporting to increase the efficiency of cash management
Key Skills / Qualifications
* Previous experience in a similar role Payments/ Senior Purchase Ledger role
* Strong organisational and analytical skills
* Able to prioritise own workload and multitask
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Questions and where appropriate challenges the status quo to ensure continuous improvement
* Able to demonstrate flexibility by adapting work in line with changing priorities
* Accurate with good attention to detail
In return the company can provide an enjoyable environment in which to work and a competitive salary (up to £25K per annum) and benefits package.
To apply please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period