My client is hiring for a Housing Disrepair Paralegal to join their established and growing Department, at their Preston office.
My client are an enthusiastic law firm who offer advice on wide ranging areas of law. We specialise in Immigration, Asylum, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Law.
The ideal candidate will have a full grasp of Housing Disrepair cases from inception to conclusion, including investigations, obtaining expert evidence, drafting Letters of Claim, settlement negotiations, drafting pleadings and litigation as appropriate.
* Previous experience in running own Housing Disrepair caseload.
* Extensive technical knowledge of Housing Disrepair.
* Be able to work with minimal supervision when required
* An ability to work as a team
* Ability to keep calm and deliver results in a performance driven environment
* Be IT literate, including knowledge of using case management software, ideally Proclaim
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work to tight deadlines, effective organisation and time management skills
* An ability to deliver excellent legal advice while maintaining client care standards
* A working knowledge of compliance issues and relevant codes of conduct and accounts rules
* experience working with senior stakeholders, providing high level strategic and legal advice, using common sense, intuition, and resourcefulness to successfully solve complex problems.
* Up to date and detailed knowledge of housing and property law and court procedure and how to apply it effectively and practically
* Excellent research and analysis skills for effective collection, assimilation and redistribution of information as training programs, high level written reports and briefing papers.
* Minimum 2 years experience in Housing Disrepair.
* Knowledge of Proclaim Case Management Software
* Experience of dealing with the claimant side of Disrepair claims.
* Experienced litigator dealt with litigated and issued claims.
- 25 days Holidays allowance plus Bank Holidays.
- The firm will provide flexible working hours including the option to work from home given the current situation.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful