AP Manager | Hybrid Working / Central London | 35-45k + bonus + package
A high growth, international, private equity backed group, is currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join their finance team based in Central London. Offering hybrid working with 2 days a week in the office, this role will suit a candidate who is looking for a challenging and varied role, at the heart of a dynamic group that is going through significant growth and change, backed by one the UK's leading Private Equity groups.
Reports to Head of Finance Operations, key areas of responsibility will include:
- To manage supplier ledgers - maintaining the sub ledger accounts, managing the authorisation of invoices, assuring prompt settlement of supplier invoices, allocating payments, and resolving queries both internal and external.
- To manage and develop the Accounts Payable team and policies and maintain consistent and accurate processes
- Ensure processing of payments as and when needed, establishing a dependable relationship with both internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Regularly review and recommend process improvements to continuously strive for excellence in the accounts payable process and service to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop procedures and policies that promote timely payments for suppliers while maintaining a high level of supplier satisfaction.
- Prepare regular, periodic, and ad-hoc reporting as and when required and determined by the policies governing the accounts payable process.
- Prepare and maintain weekly cash flow forecasting for supplier payments - by supplier for 8 weeks ahead, record and compare to prior week and provide details of major movements.
- Manage the accounts payable sub-ledgers to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Manage the AP email inboxes and workflows - responding promptly to queries.
- Resolve any queries relating to invoices, credit notes and payments in a timely and professional manner.
- In addition to the duties listed, the position holder is required to perform other duties as may arise in connection with the successful operation of the Company
- Min. 4 years working experience in a similar AP role
- Experience of multiple AP ledgers
- Excellent skills in Excel and knowledge of ERP systems
- Drive and ability to work independently and proactively
- Possesses good organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and the ability to influence individuals for approvals and suppliers requesting payment