Our mission is simple... to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job - and it's our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Claims Handler to cover an existing workload within Metropolitan Police, based out of Holborn Police Station HQ Offices (with Flexible working).
Working hours: 8am - 4pm 5 days a week until induction completed.
After induction worker will be provided with laptop and mobile phone for flexible working this include ability of working from home up to 3 days.
This is an interim position for an initial 6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.Role Purpose:
Skills required to be successful in the role:
- Handling primarily motor injury claims work, including Ministry of Justice Portal and Official Injury Claims Portal work.
- Negotiating with third party solicitors in the settlement of claims.
- Handling third party motor claims (including credit hire) from notification through to settlement.
- Establish where liability for the accident rests and investigate the validity of third party claims.
- Updating the claims system with clear and accurate records of progress on the claim, leaving diary messages for any next steps and timeframes.
- Manage all aspects of third party vehicle damage and third party property damage claims presented by a third party directly or via solicitors, insurers and accident management companies.
- Handle all aspects of credit hire claims also from Non ABI GTA Insurers.
- Pursue recovery of our Insurer Clients' outlay where liability on a claim may be attributed to a third party.
- Handling primarily motor injury claims work, including Ministry of Justice Portal.
- Handling non-injury third party motor claims, including credit hire, from notification through to settlement, dealing with third parties directly of via solicitors, insurers and accident management.
- Handling all aspects of credit hire claims received from third parties, including from non-ABI GTA insurers.
- The Road Traffic Act 1988 and Article 75.
- Managing own caseload of claims and negotiating confidently to agreed settlements.
- Pursuing recovery of insurer client's outlays where liability on a claim may be attributed to a third party.
- At least two years' experience of the above Essential Criteria, working in, or on behalf of, an insurance company receiving and responding to claims received from third parties is desirable.
- Experience of handling claims via the recently introduced Official Injury Claims Portal would be beneficial.
This role offers a competitive salary of £17.67 per hour PAYE (Umbrella rate £22.37 p/h)
and you'll be working via REED
who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.Any offers would be subject to Metropolitan Police vetting right to work checks.
Please apply now and join us in loving Mondays!