Are you a TA or TA/Trainee Teacher
with excellent communication skills looking to further your career? Do you have a steadfast commitment to learning and supporting students with additional needs? If yes, read on...TA or TA/Trainee Teacher (Media or Health and Social Care / Early Years)
£16,084 - £17,142 (pro rata)Part-Time (Term Time only)Fixed Term, 2-year Contract (Starting Nov 2021)Bexhill-on-Sea, TN40
Our client is a thriving Sixth Form College with outstanding examination results. They are looking for enthusiastic Teaching Assistants and TA/Trainee Teachers to work in a range of areas within the College.
Primarily, they are looking for TAs to teach students in the Media
and Health and Social Care/Early Years
departments.About the Role:
Suitable candidates will be employed as Teaching Assistants (TAs) or Trainee Teachers to develop their skills or use as a stepping stone towards future career progression.Required Qualifications or Skills:
- Degree or a professional qualification to at least level 3.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake appropriate training in relation to the post including an NVQ3 in Teaching Assistants (unless already awarded).
- It would be beneficial if you were a qualified First Aider (or willing to undertake training in this field).
- Confident IT skills - some experience of keeping relevant records and using administrative systems would be advantageous.
Under the direction of the Head of Section, you will be responsible for providing assistance, (individually and as part of a team) and for supporting students to reach their full potential in their learning environment.As a TA or TA/Trainee Teacher, your primary duties will be:
- To work inside or outside of the classroom either in college or at an outreach centre to provide assistance to specific groups of students in order to enable them to gain maximum benefit from the main programme of study.
- To work in the Study Centre or the 'monitored study' provision.
- To provide one to one support in the breakout areas with students.
- To work with specific students as required including students with additional needs.
- Actively assisting teaching staff in the planning and delivery of educational work programmes for individuals, groups and whole classes as appropriate.
- To act as cover supervisors in the absence of teaching staff.
- To carry out staff presence during break times and lunch breaks as set.
- Performing administrative duties relating to the area of responsibility including the completion and monitoring of Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) as required by the Learning Support Coordinator.
The successful candidates will be required to obtain an enhanced DBS certificate.
Our client reserves the right to interview early if a suitable candidate applies.How to apply for the TA or TA/Trainee Teacher role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this TA/Trainee Teacher position in Bexhill-on-Sea, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information
on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Classroom Assistant, Teaching Support, Classroom Support, Junior Teacher, NQT, Teacher of Media, Teaching jobs in Bexhill on Sea, Teaching roles in East Sussex, Education, Care Assistant, Extended Care Assistant, Early Years Teacher, Nursery Teacher, Educational Administrative Assistant, Media Studies Teacher, Graduate Teacher, Admin Assistant Education.