BBS Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Programme Manager for our client based in Romford, Havering. The successful candidate should be a proactive and hardworking individual with prior experience within a role.
Purpose of the Role for a Programme Manager:
The Smart Working+ Programme Manager will be at the forefront to deliver modern workplace solutions and manage some of the most complex challenges associated Council-wide, helping the organisation to adopt new ways of working to achieve transformational outcomes.
The Smart Working+ Programme comprises of multiple workstreams covering the M365 Technical Configuration & Governance, S4 (Scan, Scrap, Store, Stop), CCT (Communication, Collaboration & Telephony), Business Change and Adoption.
Reporting to the Digital Portfolio Director, this role will act as the lead for reimagining and changing how the Council works as an organisation and deliver significant transformation and change across the organisation.
This role will be at the forefront of managing the processes for determining the scope and scale of work, triaging and prioritisation within the programme; building and nurturing key relationships across Directorates and other stakeholders, whilst working closely with the internal operational teams and 3rd party suppliers to ensure a collaborate approach to delivering the change initiative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leading the delivery of the strategic projects that underpins the programme within the agreed scope, budget and timeline and in achieving the defined benefits.
* Defining the strategic, operational and financial benefits of various projects within the programme.
* Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects to ensure a successful programme outcome.
* Defining the "how and when" of a programme; as well as balancing the competing needs of multiple projects across the programme.
* Working with Service Areas to understand their pain points so that the programme can be correctly informed to deliver appropriate solutions.
* Building collaborate relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that the programme is delivered successfully and the agreed benefits/outcomes are achieved.
* Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
* Identifying, monitoring and escalating programme risks and issues to ensure effective mitigations and resolutions.
* Providing regular progress update to the programme board to facilitate key decision making processes.
* Liaising with Project Managers in organisation and running scoping and discovery workshops.
* Clearly defining the programme delivery roadmap in collaboration with the programme team.
* Advocating and making significant contributions to support the organisation in adopting the new ways of working and to achieve the transformational outcomes.
* Strong leadership experience delivering complex transformation and change programmes.
* An ability to adapt quickly and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast moving agile environment
* Experience of setting up and maturing programme and project teams to facilitate the adoption of new ways of working.
* Ability to communicate with and present information to stakeholders at all levels
* Hands on experience of improving and challenging existing operating models and ways of working; and ability to challenge the status quo.
* A knowledge of budget and resource planning, forecasting and management across complex change programmes.
* Experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships and expectations.
* Experience of working with third party providers and external consultants
* An understanding of delivering end to end large scale and complex transformation programmes
* Experience of managing the implementation and deployment of M365 solutions
* A technical understanding in Microsoft 365 Tenancy and Teams Governance
* Knowledge of Unified Communications Solutions (decommission Skype for Business)
* An understanding of data migration activities, moving network folders and files to OneDrive, Teams and SharePoint.
* Be aware of the council's responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1984 for the security, accuracy and relevance of all personal data held on such systems and ensure that all processes comply with this.
* Demonstrate a flexible approach in the delivery of work within the service area. Consequently, the postholder may be required to perform duties not specifically identified in the job profile but which are in line with the general responsibilities of the post.
* Deal with any Safeguarding issues that might arise, in line with the Council's policies and procedures.
* 2 Years References
* GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics