We are working with a high end award winning Eye Hospital in Bradford and the UK's most trusted Eye Care Specialist. They are recruiting for a permanent full time Theatre Team Leader to join them.
The Chosen candidate will cover a minimum of three shifts each week, covering their clinical hours from Monday to Saturday, 7am and 7pm.
The Eye Hospital has state-of-the-art facilities and offer a full range of specialist eye care treatments, including laser eye surgery, lens replacement and cataract surgery, delivered by our fully NHS-trained ophthalmologists surgeons.
Theatre Team Leader Job Role & Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership and day to day running of the theatre to ensure the safe, effective, and efficient management of the theatre pathway.
* Provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for theatres and the patient flow through the department, in line with departmental policies, practice standards, regulation and governance to provide high quality, cost effective care that puts the patient first at all times.
* There is an on-call commitment associated with this role.
* Liaise with Consultants to assess, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care for patients undergoing theatre procedures.
* Effectively monitor and manage all resources in theatre, including workforce planning, efficiency of theatre lists etc.
* Provide effective deployment of resources needed to sustain agreed activity.
* Continually examine opportunities for continuous clinical improvement and develop and maintain a culture of change in line with best practice.
* Represent the department for nursing/clinical issues at management meetings .
* Registered General Nurse with NMC or ODP registered with the HCPC, or working towards or attained NVQ3.
* Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards (e.g. AfPP standards) and regulatory frameworks applicable to the hospital and department.
* Exposure in a senior role to Consultants, Physicians, allied health professionals, patients, and suppliers.
* Previous leadership experience within a day surgical and/or operating theatre environment.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to provide clear direction that is fair, and consistent • Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
* Able to anticipate and mitigate issues of a given course of action / decision.
* Highly organised, with clear forward planning and ability to flex according to customer needs.
* Ability to manage multiple, and often competing, priorities and can support team members in doing the same.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Highly motivated and able to work autonomously.
* Strong IT skills, able to use all Microsoft Office applications and other systems/databases.
Apply Today To Secure A Quick Interview