Our Global FTSE250 client are urgently seeking a IT Service Desk Team Leader to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the IT Service Desk Team Leader, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of a front-line IT support team alongside another team leader, ensuring customer service requests and incidents are managed and solutions implemented to deliver a first-class service while working closely with the Global Service Desk Managers across 3 locations.
Key responsibilities of an IT Service Desk Team Leader:
* Controlling scheduling and workload through the management of the team's ticketing queue
* Acting as a point of escalation whilst leading and providing oversight, technical and operational guidance to the team.
* Acting as the Major Incident Manager as and when needed to support the IT function and the wider business.
* Mentoring, coaching, management support and development including appraisals, evaluations and reporting of individual performance targets for their direct reports, plus oversight of their direct reports
* Performance monitoring, setting and reporting of the teams' KPIs, targets and goals to Senior Management and the wider company
* Ensure collaboration with all service desk managers and team leaders to ensure 1 global process
* Understanding and managing the technical abilities of the team and ensuring all technical fixes being carried out are of the highest quality
Experience and skills required as the IT Service Desk Team Leader:
* Team Leader experience in a Service Desk or similar environment with a proven track record to identify process improvements and initiate change
* ITIL Qualification
* Experience with ticketing frameworks
* Solutions driven, confident and friendly approach when dealing with customers
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment, setting the behaviours and acting as an example to the team