KAP Technical Fabrication Workshop Manager
KAP Technical require a proactive, skilled and experienced Fabrication Workshop Manager
to join our expanding metal work production team.
We are a leading manufacturer of modern and innovative retail display units produced for major high street brands all across the UK! You will be joining a tight group of craftsmen working for a small but successful company who are responsible for many high-profile projects.
The role will include overseeing the Speciality Metal Division to allocate workload and ensure projects are completed in a timely manner. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fabrication and welding bay, as well as experience with folding and laser cutting machinery. You will also be required to cost and provide quotes for the directors on all aspects of metal production. Experience predominantly in sheet and tube material, including heavy plating.Job Description
Requirements and Qualities
- Monitoring quality and implementing improvement through training and mentoring of staff
- Working with the Managing Director to ensure effective production
- Allocation and supervision of workload.
- Communicate effectively with all other managers and team members to ensure a seamless operation across the Group
- Work with limited supervision and to ensure all factory demands and deadlines are met
- Producing accurate quotations for customers
- Operation of welding and fabrication equipment and all materials or product associated with it
- Implement quality control of all goods
- Previous experience in a welding/fabrication environment
- Previous commercial and quoting experience
- Ability to manage and develop existing customer pipeline
- GCSE English or equivalent
- Good IT skills, Excel & CAD essential
- Self-motivated with a passion for producing accurate goods to the highest possible standard
- Ability to work to deadlines and problem solve
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Forklift experience desirable
- Good local supply chain knowledge
You will work closely with the commercial & managing directors to generate ideas for production and have a drive to bring work into the workshop. A positive attitude towards helping the business thrive in the current market will be essential.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm Overtime readily available