Product Delivery PMO/Project ManagerLocation
: Edinburgh (the successful candidate will be required to be in the office 3 times a week)Duration
: 6 MonthsRate
: £500.00 - PAYE / £641.60 - UmbrellaRole Purpose
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- The Product Delivery function is part of the Banks & Broker Dealer sector within Market & Securities Services. It sits in the center of the teams for Product Managers, Product Users & Product Developer areas. The function ensures collaboration across the different teams where there are product deliverables to be made.
- The role as PMO is required to manage the delivery of the governance, reporting, planning and support services for projects and portfolios, within Investor Services & BBD enabling Securities Services to deliver change to our clients. Supporting the Portfolio Director/ Programme Manager to ensure delivery to agreed business plans within cost, quality and timescale objectives and to ensure that change is executed in line with, and using, the Securities Services Change policies and procedures.
- The role as Project Manager is required to work with the Programme Manager and Business to define requirements, agree project structure & benefits, driving delivery within committed timelines. Pragmatic application of project management methodologies, use of clearly defined delivery roadmap and robust financial and risk management
- The role will also define the scope of Industry, Regulatory, Product Enhancements and Client driven change across Custody. A key part of the role will be to understand and deliver the business and functional requirements for prioritized changes and manage the change to completion. The role will focus on the processing lifecycles for post trade within the UK Direct & Global Custody business lines of Securities Services.
- This role will work closely with the other teams within Banks & Broker Dealer Sector including the Product Team to define appropriate solutions for business problems, and the operational teams to validate the operational effectiveness of any solutions as well as the Product Developer teams to ensure there is a robust scalable solution in place.
- The role must work collaboratively with regional and global product delivery managers (front to back) to ensure successful delivery of requirements to enable operational or technical changes to be completed as part of any implementation.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-5 years of practical experience in PMO/PM roles- Desirable
- Significant, demonstrable experience of operating in a similar role - Highly Desirable
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the field of PMO Management, for example 3PO - Advantageous
- Proven experience of implementing project control standards, including change control, financial management, risk management and reporting - Highly Desirable
- Change management / project management professional certification, for example Prince 2 or APM - Desirable - Advantageous
- Process improvement methodologies, for example LEAN, Six Sigma, Work Out - Advantageous
- Proven experience of working within a formal change methodology/ framework. - Highly Desirable
- Financial Services / Banking ideally within Fund Servicing - Desirable.
- Previous experience of implementing change within a Global Custodian (preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working with internal IT teams as well as external vendors for system changes.
- Experience in delivering complex business and IT system related changes and documenting business / functional requirements.
- Flexibility in approach, and the ability to show initiative and respond quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work to bring clarity to requirements by effectively engaging clients or partners.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver results to a high standard, escalating where support is required.
- Excellent 360-degree communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Positive 'can do' attitude in all aspects of performing job duties.
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development lifecycle in the context of system changes.
- Promotes agile transformation and deployment methodologies and helps with adoption of moving from "Project to Product", along with Product, Technology and Operations.
- Promotes and takes accountability for quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions.
- Experience of digital technologies and solutions is useful (not essential).
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development lifecycle in the context of system changes. Problem solving and critical thinking. Experience of working in environments with digital and data technologies is highly desirable (but not essential).