As the QA Manager
, you will be reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, Technical, and Compliance, this role is an integral part of the Quality Team within the Company's operations. The QA Manager
is responsible for leading Quality Team in the capacity of managing and developing the Quality Management System and ensuring Industry Standards and regulations.
You will be leading a small team of quality and HSE professionals for all day-to-day operational matters supporting all business needs.
- Create an established and appropriate system to maintain and monitor the applicable industry standards and aviation regulations.
- Monitor Quality and HSE with processes and procedures required to ensure the applicable standard is achieved, including approved data as it relates to aircraft components.
- Provide internal stakeholders guidance and recommendations in the application of all relevant Industry Standard and Aviation Regulations.
We would love to speak to anyone for the QA Manager
position, who has the following experience:
- You'll be an experienced QA professional with a working knowledge of a relevant sample of aircraft types/engines/components/systems.
- You'll have gained a professional qualification (Lead Auditor) or equivalent aeronautical engineering degree alongside relevant industry-specific requirements, such as Part 145 AMO specialized in Components, HSE, ISO Standard.
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation standards and safe operating practises with a comprehensive working knowledge of; relevant parts of operational requirements and procedures, in depth knowledge of quality systems (Q-Pulse - desirable), and applicable regulations.
- You'll hold great influencing and communication skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
- You'll have confident and very strong people leadership skills.
If you feel that you have all the skills for the QA Manager
position, please apply for the role with your CV and an employee from ACS Performance will get in touch.