Mech Tech Professionals are actively recruiting for a Project Manager for our established engineering client in Bristol.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the key objective of the Project Manager will be to ensure assigned projects are planned and delivered in line with the agreed contractual obligations and expectations ensuring that a continuous positive and collaborative client relationship is maintained at all times.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, and completion of projects.
Key duties include but not limited to:
* Ensuring projects are completed and controlled according to the best practices, meet customer requirements and minimise risks for the business
* Develop and take responsibility for the project management processes in line with the company's group management system and UK best practice
* Directly manage or participate in specific projects and bids in all aspects related to project management, project control, contract management, site management, site work delivery planning, HSE/CDM advisory
* Develop, lead and oversee site teams in accordance to projects demands
* Manage relationships with the client and all stakeholders including third parties/suppliers
* Manages project delivery through a team of project professionals (Project Engineers, Project Manager, Project Control functions) in line with time and budgetary restrictions
* Manage and develop a team of Project Managers
To be considered, candidates must possess the following technical skill:
* Extensive experience of managing manufacturing, supply of equipment and site work projects (NEC, FIDIC etc) of £10M+ in value. (Essential)
* Good understand of Project control and Planning (Primavera and MS Project) (Essential)
* Good understanding of Risk Management principles and practice
* Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations in particular Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
* Good understand of Finance and cost control
* External Client Management experience (Essential)
* Excellent stakeholder management skills (Essential)
* Experience of working within multinational teams (beneficial)
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft software
* Experience in fabrication of Stainless-steel equipment (Essential)
* Experience in highly regulated industries (Essential)
* Understanding of welding and fabrication processes (Essential)
* Knowledge of Managements Systems (ISO9001, ISO45001, ISO14001) and Quality tools (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean etc)
* Knowledge of R-CCM (advantageous)
* Experience in Nuclear (advantageous)
Qualifications/ memberships required
* Candidates must be educated to a HND level in an engineering discipline or equivalent and hold a Prince 2 or APM (or equivalent) qualification. (Essential)
* Membership of an appropriate professional body (APM, PMI, CIOB etc,)
* CSCS Managers and Professionals Test
* SMSTS (preferred, not essential)
Mech Tech Professionals is operating as an Employment Agency.
Once you apply to this job, your application will be reviewed by Mech Tech Professionals. If your application is successful, a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear from us within 7 days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
All candidates registering with Mech Tech Professionals will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position