Eventus Legal are seeking a Legal Secretary to join a successful Residential Property team based in Peterlee, County Durham. The successful candidate will be responsible for secretarial tasks working alongside a team of Solicitors. The role is a permanent, full-time position.Role responsibilities
The incoming Legal Secretary will be working within the residential property team, with responsibility for all aspects of administration support to the busy fee earners. Duties include:
- Audio typing letters and legal documents, preparing and collating reports
- Typing up and issuing draft contracts, transfers, leases, registering transfers and mortgages at the Land Registry
- Obtaining legal titles to properties from the Land Registry, and searches as well as searches for mortgage purposes
- Preparing completion statements and invoices for clients, preparing CHAPS forms for completion of sales and purchases
- General office duties and dealing with queries from clients face to face and also on the telephone, opening and closing files using the Case Management system,
- Answering telephones on the switchboard, meeting and greeting clients, post duties, booking appointments.
Applications are sought from Legal Secretaries who ideally have experience in property matters, primarily residential but applicants lacking the experience, but have a willingness to develop will also be considered. Applicants must have excellent organisational skills, a flexible and proactive approach and have well developed interpersonal skills. Rewards
The incoming Legal Secretary will be joining an incredibly supportive and successful firm in their Peterlee office working within a friendly and supportive team.About the Company
The firm is a highly successful high street law firm, serving the North-East across all personal and business law areas. They have a low-staff turnover and have an excellent reputation in the local market.Next Steps
If you are interested in learning more about this Legal Secretary role, please send your CV to Amy Watson at Eventus Legal or call for a confidential discussion.