Location - Royston
Contract - Permanent
Hours - 35 hours
Salary - £9.98 per hour
We are looking for Store Managers just like you - impactful, motivated, down to earth people who love to make a difference in the lives of their team and customers.
If you can provide a high-quality retail service, have excellent customer service skills and can effectively manage our friendly team of staff and valued volunteers, we are keen to hear from you!
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to handle/lift bags of stock (up to 10kgs.)About you:
* An experienced retail manager with passion to maximise shop income and promote Gift Aid to customers
* Leading by example, implementing the highest standard of customer care and service
* Recruiting, managing and training our supporting staff and volunteers
* Ensuring all administrative and financial procedures are followed
* Work closely with the Area Sales Manager
* Travel within the region to provide cover in other shops or for training
* Health & Safety knowledgeWhat we offer in return:
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday allowance
- A generous pension - we will contribute up to 6%
- Shopping discounts
- Life assurance and many more...
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.