Senior Delivery Manager- Waltham Forest
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Delivery Manager has become available within the Families Change team at Waltham Forest Council.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Delivery Manager, initially on a temporary basis for 3 months and with the potential for extension, to lead on programme delivery within our Families areas of recovery and innovation work.
The COVID-19 pandemic has provided significant challenges within the borough, but it has also created a unique opportunity to reassess our priorities as we look to the future. The Families Directorate has developed an ambitious programme of recovery and reset, and support is needed to drive these programmes forward over the next 3 months.
The successful applicant will have a hands-on approach, bringing value to the Council through robust programme management, identifying opportunities for improvement and support to ensure programme delivery. This will include collaborating with internal officers and external partners to prioritise and implement the improvement initiatives with effective governance.
* Lead, co-ordinate and oversee programmes of day-to-day operational activity to set up, scale and deliver a number of change initiatives
* Matrix management of a project team
* Plan and deploy a wide range of resources (using an agile approach)
* Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the Council (e.g. workforce strategy, comms and engagement and data management) to enable ownership and delivery of actions
* Quickly and accurately communicate (verbally and in writing) rapidly emerging issues to senior leaders and adapt delivery plans accordingly
* Strong leadership skills and extensive experience of working at pace in complex changing environments and delivering through others
* Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability of agile delivery and managing competing priorities, with experience of working within project management principles
* A proven ability to lead people and set direction at pace
* Experience of working across organisational boundaries and influencing others
* An experienced communicator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate people at all levels, building trust with stakeholders to achieve goals