1st Staff Limited are recruiting for Outreach Tutors in Barking & Dagenham
Our mission is to educate, inspire, and support children, and young people through a creative process that promotes positive growth and change. Unlocking the potential in all pupils by removing barriers to learning for children and young people to enjoy school and are encouraged towards lifelong learning.
Our tuition service provides one-to-one highly individualized education to pupils.
If you are a qualified teacher, experienced tutor, or have knowledge of working with pupils that need one-to-one support and tuition to thrive, then we want to hear from you.
Pupils referred to 1st Staff are:
* High dependency pupils with a range of physical, psychological, and healthcare needs
* Pupils with ASD - Autism - EHCP's
* Pupils with high risk violent and aggressive behaviour towards others
* Pupils exhibiting mental health difficulties
* Pupils with significant substance misuse issues
* Pupils with significant gang-related issues
* Pupils with school phobias - highly persistent long-term school phobic or deeply disengaged
* Pupils with complex offending behavior's
Objectives of Post
* To undertake and deliver a variety of high-quality structured educational, and therapeutic activity packages with high-risk and complex pupils, as specified in their Individual Education Plans and Service Proposals, and as defined by the Head of Educational Services, and or Head of Therapeutic Services.
* To promote the interests and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils by good practice and the policies and procedures of the Company.
Summary of Post
Outreach Tutors will be required to carry out specific direct educational work with individual pupils at pupil's homes, schools or education centres, libraries, and sometimes in the community.
Outreach Tutors are responsible for creating and monitoring IEPs and schemes of work with the support of the Head of Service.
All staff will be expected to look at our pupils holistically and to draw on a wide range of social care, teaching, and therapeutic intervention strategies to meet pupil needs.
To apply or for more information please contact Raymond at 1st Staff for an immediate interview.
1st Staff is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit