A globally renowned engineering company based in north Birmingham are seeking an experienced and determined Product Development specialist to become their Chief Development Engineer. The company specialise in the design and manufacture of rotating products for the automotive and off-highway industries.
As Chief Development Engineer you would be responsible for making sure the Development Department implements and maintains the Global Engineering APQP Process with respect to New Product Introduction, Production support and R&D activities. As part of this role you will also be required to lead a team of 3 Development Engineers and 3 Technicians.
* Lead Development department and responsible for releasing weekly Development Plan
* Adhere to Engineering Prototype launch systems and processes plus promote and enforce such adherence throughout Development Department
* Ensure all prototype builds meet customer expectations
* Knowledge and understanding of Water, Oil, Fuel, mechanical and electric pumps application and testing
* Instrumentation Technology
* Compile and complete DVPRs
* Problem solving and Technical reporting
* Interface with other departments to help promote DFM, DFA and support strategic low cost sourcing and continuous improvement activities.
* Drive and take ownership of Prototype build / R&D feedback to the organisation thus improving / enhancing future designs etc.
* Support Global Production / Manufacturing / Quality and Customer issues communicating all throughout the Organisation.
* Generate team-working environment within Development Department and promote Engineering and inter-departmental meetings, reviews etc.
* Produce, review and improve DVP&R's striving to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
* Direct Development link with customer "Product Ownership".
* Plan and implement Laboratory TPM supporting H&S, considering company procedures and legislation.
* Responsible for the Training and Development of Test Engineers / Fitters in all aspects (i.e. Prototype manufacture, Testing, Data capture and maintaining records).
* Responsible for Test Specifications, data output from rig tests, help support Production Test Facilities, Rig Design (i.e. in a consultant capacity)