Service Care Solutions are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant on behalf of a local police force in the Somerset. This is a full time role (37 hours per week) Monday - Friday. Initially this contract is for 12 months however the outlook is to extended this far beyond the initial end date or to be taken on as a full time employee.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake a range of accounting and establishment activities and provide services in support of the management accounting, financial accounting and establishment monitoring functions for the Force.
* To process accounts payable and receivable in line with financial procedures.
* To assist in the provision of financial control, advice and HR & financial systems liaising with other teams as appropriate, ensuring systems and processes dovetail efficiently.
* Attending relevant meetings, such as the VRM panel, to provide background information where necessary.
* Quality assure the data received, carrying out necessary research to provide clarity as to the change being requested. Challenge the originator if necessary, suggesting alternative solutions to the issue in question. Direct the requests for change to the appropriate approving authority ensuring that all necessary detail is available.
* Maintain the integrity of the organisation structure data held on computerised systems and create organisational structures as necessary and allocate staff to appropriate posts
* Develop and maintain close working relationships with managers, HR and Finance colleagues and Business Partners, keeping abreast of proposed organisational changes within specified directorates/departments.
* Act as a subject matter expert in relation to the creation of new organisational units and posts, dealing with queries, investigating and resolving problems using initiative, experience and contacts. Provide expert advice as to the best way to achieve desired changes within the rules of the organisation's structure processes.
* Monitor police establishments ensuring accurate recording and highlighting any discrepancies, trends and changes, taking corrective action where necessary.
* Ensuring that all work is delivered to a high quality within agreed timescales and parameters and in line with ASC procedures, and that a responsive and comprehensive service to customers is maintained; providing daily input as required supporting the delivery of the finance function.
* To be accountable for delivering all areas of the job role and to undertake any commensurate tasks that may be required from time to time - this may include for example supporting other teams as required within the Finance Function
Experience of working within a Financial role previously, and ideally across multiple sites.
Excellent communication skills and be able to understand both written and verbal instruction.
Ability to work on own initiative and possess good interpersonal skills
*PLEASE NOTE - This role WILL be subject to Police Vetting.
If you are interested, would like further information or you have any questions please ring Mark Arthur on (phone number removed)
Please Note - Due to high volumes of applications we can only respond to successful candidates