BlairWest are working with Atom Bank, a mobile-first bank. Based in Durham, they currently have over 400 people.
They are looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.
The Mortgage Trading Manager is responsible for managing the balance between operational capacity and business plans and targets and delivering the Mortgage income & balance targets. This will involve maximising use of Atom's resources, capital and capacity, and ensuring that there are plans in place to meet the growth plan across the 5 year business plan.
The Trade Manager will:
* Ensure that Atom are able to process the business volumes in the short, medium and long-term and manage the threats & opportunities to plan
* Ensure that there is a coherent plan for the mix of business across both direct and intermediary channels
* Own the budget and reforecast process for Mortgages and manage business stakeholders through the budget and reforecast processes
* Work with Financial Planning & Decision Support to ensure all contributing assumptions and enablers are baselined and validated to underpin the Financial Plan
* Own the day-to-day relationships with Operations and Credit Risk and identify, prioritise, and deliver changes that support maximising resource allocation and conversion of applications to offer.
* Experience of managing pricing and risk strategies for mortgage products
* Highly numerate / attention to detail
* Relevant experience in mortgage product management within retail banking
* Commercially astute and customer oriented.
* Influencing and stakeholder management skills
* Up-to-date regulatory knowledge (FCA Handbook, MCOB)
* Up-to-date external market knowledge / FS market trends
* Previous experience in the trading or pricing of lending products in Retail banking
* Numerate individual and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the drivers of lending delivery
* Annual Share Option - performance related
* Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input - candidate can put in more)
* 'All About Me' fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
* 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every year in the company)
* Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
* Health Cash Plan - expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
* Life Insurance - 4 times annual salary
* Critical illness cover - 1 x lump sum annual salary
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Continuous development - professional qualifications
* Challenging and exciting working environment