A fatastic opportunity has emerged for a Design Engineering Lead to support a major new nmarine project.
* To be the lead H&W Group Systems Integration Point of Contact (PoC) for the Capital Project to enable the most effective systems integration practices and outcomes required in the competitive procurement phases
* To liaise closely within the H&W Group (Belfast and Appledore Shipyards) to ensure that all design to production to build interfaces are fully evaluated, to ensure that systems and equipment verification and validation interfaces and interdependencies are captured
* To facilitate and support all internal H&W Group critical design and production readiness reviews to ensure all engineering, technical and design functions are integrated for the Capital Project
* Ensuring that technical requirements are correctly flowed down to subsystems / subcontractors for all elements of the solution
* Certification and authorisation of all aspects of requirements development, design, design proving, manufacture, integration and testing.
* Preparation, updating and custody of the system/architectural specifications, drawings and other data associated with the design
* Engineering degree
* Previous experience in systems engineering and systems integration
* Experience of overseeing a systems package or previous system integration experience
* Competence in leading the development and implementation of complex technical solutions, making engineering decisions, mitigating technical risk, and ensuring best practise is shared.
* Demonstrable understanding of product safety with experience in conducting / supporting safety reviews and hazard identification and management
* Demonstrable competence in conducting and supporting design reviews of complex solutions
* Demonstrable ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex technical issues
* Demonstrable competence in identifying non-customer requirements that are nevertheless crucial to the design integrity of a solution