Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.About the role:
We are seeking an electrical technician to ensure that all equipment at our pumping stations is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods. Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- To inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment
- Working on will be various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves, centrifugal, positive displacement and progressive cavity pumps, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment
- Provide technical advice, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required
- You will investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process. This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours' standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment
What's in it for you:
- Be a time served apprentice within the significant experience of electrical systems ideally working in a "true multi-skilled" capacity
- Having previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, with an 18th Edition qualification is essential
- ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3 would also be beneficial although not essential
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues are crucial
- Physically fit as you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training
- A valid driving licence is essential
Working at our largest sewage treatment works, you will be presented with unique challenges on a daily basis.
You will gain experience in a wide range of plants and equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced electrical maintenance technician to join the UK's largest water company and join the operations team, working across the East London area.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water