Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing
. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you will be doing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a THP Process Technician to sample, operate, carry out front line maintenance and daily plant operation on a Thermal Hydrolysis Plant (THP) and associated sludge treatment plant. This plant operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With progression in mind following a 2-stage progression plan which is tied to pay increases with the plan in mind to lead to a 12-hour working shift pattern rota job.
Working as part of the thermal hydrolysis plant (THP) team in a very "hands-on" role. This is an exciting role where you will be working as part of the thermal hydrolysis process team, a key part of the site's day to day operation and hugely important for maximising green power generation using THP, CHP and Boiler plant on site.Day to day duties will include:
We're looking for you to:
- Gathering samples for laboratory analysis. Visual inspection of key areas and in-line monitor checking/calibrating.
- Monitoring, interpretation, collating and reporting of analytical data to ensure the correct process operation, and to meet statutory and regulatory Thames Water compliance requirements.
- Operation of plant and equipment, ensuring continuous operation of THP and associated plants and processes to maximise power throughout.
- Cleaning, front line maintenance and general duties. This may include planned preventative maintenance.
- Taking deliveries.
- Undertake safety, security, and housekeeping checks.
- Take personal responsibility for the health and safety of self and colleagues.
The successful candidate would ideally have previous experience of working within the sewage treatment process or in other process-orientated roles.
What's in it for you?
- Have Knowledge of the process industry plant such as pumps, centrifuges, and boilers (good understanding of combustion, steam generation & heat transfer) would be an advantage, but more importantly will be your flexibility, ability, and willingness to learn.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of Process Operation experience.
- Have Minimum city and guilds level 2/3 in a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Have Previous SCADA experience would be advantageous but not essential, full training will be provided (BOAS, permit to work, Forklift, Chemical delivery, Working at height, Overhead crane, Operation shadowing).
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be physically fit as general lifting is an important part of this role.
- Good knowledge of e-mail and excel.
- We require the successful candidate to hold a full UK driving licence.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We're proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles, we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website.