Our team is embarking on a large scale transformation journey of modernizing our internal merchant services systems and applications. We are looking to build next gen cloud native platform that can be re-usable and re-deployable across different markets. The platform will enable individual products to be built on top of core payment services. We aim to automate deployments from inception to production. The team will be focus on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are resilient, scalable and maintainable. We will drive Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provide the pathway for technologists to improve their speed, quality and application development practices.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer / Architect who has been delivering cloud native solutions on AWS to join us on our transformational journey.
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you'll combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing, and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design, and business processes
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experienced in modern programming languages
- Experience with core AWS services including developing and implementing solutions on AWS
- Prior knowledge of Java, Core Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Understanding and experience with AWS five pillars of a well-architected framework
- Deep understanding of core AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, SNS, CloudWatch, IAM Policies, VPCs
- Experience of designing and building Web Services and RESTful APIs at scale
- Thorough understanding of software development methodology DevSecOps
- Experience in Infrastructure-As-Code (CloudFormation, TerraForm, SAM Templates, etc)
- Experience in streaming and message queueing systems
- Database knowledge is essential (both nosql and sql) including eventually consistent concepts
- Core experience in Agile methodologies and SDLC
- Experience on event driven / reactive programming would be an advantage
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.