Shaping a faster, safer, smarter world
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in the design, engineering, and project management industry? Join our Placement Scheme, where you'll be trusted with complex work, receiving all levels of support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office - including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.Your role
Join us as a placement student in our Rail Consulting practice and you'll have the opportunity to shape rail travel both now and in the future, working across projects such as East West Rail and HS2. We support massive industry change, from whole network upgrades, to decarbonisation and digital innovation. You'll develop an understanding of projects from multiple stakeholder points of view; we find the best solutions to the complex challenges. You'll be involved with project management, designing, developing and implementing complex solutions that will influence our transport future.
Our skills span infrastructure, rail control systems, assurance, engineering, project management and systems engineering, and we support clients worldwide.Where you could workOur teams:Rail Control Systems
Summer placement location: LondonAssurance / Risk & Safety
Summer placement location: LondonProjects & Infrastructure
Summer placement locations: Derby, London
Within our Rail Consulting practice, we transform people's journeys and the movement of goods, whilst increasing the efficiency, sustainability and safety of our transport systems and cities worldwide. So, it calls for diverse expertise.
Across all of our teams, you'll be:
- Bidding, winning, and delivering work for a variety of UK and international clients.
- Working on a high range client outputs including design, technical investigation, consultancy advice, calculations, presentations and project and risk management.
- Given real responsibility from day one, supported by the industry's best team of rail industry specialists.
We're not all the same, and that's our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That's why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our placement scheme has been designed to give you an insight into what it's like to work with us and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you'll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. Whichever path you take, your future starts here.What you'll need
Meeting your needs
- An understanding of the consultancy environment
- To embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- To be comfortable embracing agile ways of working and learning new technologies
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you're rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being to include:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
In addition to the above, our top performing placement students (who've completed at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.How do I apply?
Please click "Apply
" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we're able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.