We are looking for a passionate Manufacturing Engineering Placement Student to join our team specializing in manufacturing processes based at our Darlington Campus. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organisation operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Placement Student with us you'll be able to use the theoretical knowledge gained at University and really put it in to practice.Including but not limited to:
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Using LEAN tools (inc 5S) and methodologies to drive continuous improvements across the Manufacturing process, whilst working as part of a team implementing process improvements within the Assembly Process
- Understanding how the use of the PFMEA process is used to identify key process improvements
- Compiling and presenting data on Key Performance Indicators
- Review Plant layouts using Auto CAD
- Participate in the design/layout of new and existing workstations to improve efficiency and accommodate new tooling and products
- Review/develop assembly workstation documentation including assembly graphics using CREO
- Working towards a degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Systems / Controls Engineering or similar
- Excellent IT Skills, in particular Microsoft including Minitab
- Ability to collate data, solve problems and think innovatively
- Ability to multi-task and be part of multiple project teams. In addition to actively seeking new ways to grow your skillset and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.