Randstad Engineering is recruiting for a structural / Stress engineer to work on a permanent basis for an existing client based in Gloucestershire.
The role will suit experienced structural / stress engineers from the aerospace, defence or automotive sector. The successful candidate will have extensive experience with either NX or Solidworks and have an appropriate degree / qualification. Role
Work on all aspects of structural analysis and help us optimise the aircraft and powertrain systems' structural design. Applicants will be working with a team of aircraft design, aerodynamics, systems, powertrain and external loads disciplines to develop the structural design of the aircraft and integrated powertrain and fuel storage systems.
Job responsibilities will include the preliminary design and analysis of powertrain structural integration, including material and hardware selection, proposing solutions to achieve stress, stiffness, durability and damage tolerance requirements and weight and cost optimization. Strong experience with FEA/simulations, as well as hand calculations is required, with experience in aircraft preliminary design and working on CS-23 certified or regional aircraft programs a benefit.
Must have strong mechanical engineering experience and ability to work independently. Experience with complex components and assemblies. Proficient at creating mechanical engineering drawings. Experience with Aircraft and Automotive drivetrain systems is a plus. Knowledge of FAA, EASA, CAA regulatory structures, rules, and regulations a plus.Main responsibilities
Experience and qualifications
- Complete ownership of powertrain and fuel storage structural integration into existing airframe.
- Create 3D CAD models of complex parts and assemblies.
- Perform simulation and analysis of powertrain structural integrations, including motor, and H2 fuel tank mounting.
- Apply knowledge of materials, finishes, welding, and other manufacturing processes.
- Prepare production drawings conforming to all applicable regulatory standards.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Work closely with engineers and manufacturing personnel to ensure that all aspects of the design are understood.
- Serve as liaison with operations during fabrication of parts to ensure that all design issues are resolved and drawings are updated.
- Perform tolerance analysis on mating parts to ensure proper fit. Apply knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to designs.
- Provide expertise in CAD and Simulation software for specific problem solving on a project.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals/deadlines.
Education: Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and commensurate depth of related technical experience as engineering designer / stress engineer or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please make an application at your earliest opportunity!!
- Proficiency in NX CAD System and/or Solidworks.
- Experience with TeamCenter Unified Architecture and TeamCenter Engineering PLM System.
- Experience with NX FEM and/or Solidworks Simulation.
- Experience in the creation of complex aerospace 3D CAD and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Commensurate depth of related Aerospace industry experience.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English (additional languages a plus).
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as good written and oral communication skills
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/95593987