As an Audit Inspections Leader, you will lead and manage audit inspection work at the challenger firms, ensuring work is completed to a high standard and within specified deadlines.Client Details
This regulator monitors the quality of the audit work of statutory auditors and audit firms in the UK.Description
This team monitors the quality of the audit work of statutory auditors and audit firms in the UK that audit Public Interest Entities (PIEs) and certain other entities (such as large AIM/ Lloyd's Syndicates/Listed Non-UK).
In this role you will be expected to:
- Lead and manage audit inspection work at the challenger firms ensuring work is completed to a high standard and within specified deadlines
- Build constructive and professional relationships with the audit firm's senior management and audit teams
- Manage the relationship with the relevant audit firms at a senior level on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant experience at a senior level in the audit of public interest entities, together with experience of audit inspections.
- Strong technical auditing and accounting skills;
- Ability to challenge the judgements and quality of work performed by engagement partners at the audit firms and to deal with difficult situations in a sensitive manner;
- Good understanding of the particular challenges faced by smaller firms operating in the PIE market;
- Strong communication skills, relating to both the drafting of reports and the presentation of inspection findings in a calm, firm and convincing way.
- Communicate difficult messages about audit quality issues to audit teams in a fair and balanced manner.
- Responsible for completing the programme of inspections within an agreed time and cost budget.
- Salary £103,400
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- A strong work/ life balance ethos
- Hybrid working