Our Nottingham Reed Further Education branch are seeking an experienced Art & Design Lecturer who also has experience delivering help to art students for a Further Education client in the Cambridge area.
The role is a temporary role looking for an immediate start.
-Duration - Temporary/18.5 Hours Per Week
-Rate - £20 - £25 Per HourThe primary purpose of this job role is to;
Provide high quality teaching and access to learning in addition to undertaking associated tutorial duties. It is expected that the post holder will contribute to course design, development of programmes and the expansion of the area generally.
The primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of this job role are to;
- 1. Deliver high quality teaching and learning to a timetable that may include evening, Saturday and summer periods.
- 1.1. Deliver inspirational teaching and access to learning across a range of programmes.
- 1.2. Provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the relevant awarding body requirements to promote access to achievement.
- 1.3. Provide and maintain teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists and assessment papers.
- 1.4. Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
- 1.5. Undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operation of programmes in the area
- 1.6. Carry out moderation/ assessment and verification.
- 1.7. Work with colleagues to integrate English and Maths into the vocational curriculum.
- 2. Undertake tutorial responsibilities.
- 2.1. Act as a course tutor with responsibility for supporting learners in achieving their targets
- 2.2. Track and review student progress and maintain student records.
- 2.3. Provide feedback on progress to the student, parents/guardians and employers.
- 2.4. Arrange and support the work placement programme
- 3. Assist in the recruitment and admission of new students.
- 3.1. Assist in recruitment and admission of new students.
- 3.2. Attend promotional events to publicise College and Faculty activities.
- 3.3. Contribute to the compilation of publicity materials
- 4. Team administration, liaison and development
- 4.1. Communicate effectively with other team members.
- 4.2. Participate in course team reviews and evaluation.
- 4.3. Respond to curriculum development and new course initiatives originating from
- within the Faculty/College.
- 4.4 Undertake course leadership responsibilities and duties, as allocated.
- 4.4. Advise on resource requirements for effective implementation of programmes
- 4.5. Liaise with external awarding bodies representatives e.g. External Verifiers/moderators.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).What you will need
- First degree BA/HNC/D in an Art & Design subject.
- Teaching qualification (Cert Ed/PGCE).
- Assessor award or willing to work towards.
- visual studies across multi-purpose, multi-level art and design Study Programmes.
- Experience of supporting learners to produce work of a professional standard for a specific outcome e.g. commercial release, site specific commission, exhibition or publication.
- Experience in 2D specialist techniques.
- Ability to teach art and design principles in a traditional and non-traditional way.
- Organising and leading client initiated/ live assignments and/or external exhibitions.
- Broad understanding of contemporary practice across the arts