ROLE: English Intervention Tutor
LOCATION: South Tyneside
CONTRACT: fixed contract till 31st July 2022
HOURS: 37 hours per week Monday-Friday
PAY: £22 per hour including holiday pay
START DATE: ASAP or the ability to start within 2 weeks
REED Further education are excited to announce some wonderful new contracted roles we currently have available at a College based in South Tyneside, please see below.
If you would like to speak regarding the roles then please apply or email me at
To develop, prepare and deliver high quality education and training programmes, and to provide other professional support to help the College meet its objectives for English interventions.
• Tuition delivered to small groups at a teacher: student ratio of 1:3 - 1:5
• Priority given to students who have not achieved a grade 4 in English and/or maths. However, others with a grade 4 who also need catch up support.
• Young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 19 to 24 who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan will be eligible for support via the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head of Curriculum and Performance/Head of School
KEY AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
1. Prepare and deliver course material to a range of programmes as directed by your line manager.
2. Carry out a range of lecturing intervention functions in connection with classroom teaching and online delivery of small group Maths sessions.
4. Undertake liaison activities with parents/guardians, and schools as necessary. This will include participation in parents evening.
6. Work as a member of relevant course teams and to take responsibility for the administration and management of specified courses or subject areas as required.
7. Participate in curriculum development, planning, development and evaluation of courses and course material.
8. Maintain class registers in line with College policy requirements.
9. Keep appropriate records and provide reports and statistics as required.