Healthcare Assistant Days/Nights, Health & Social Care, Nursing Care, Permanent, WiganHealthcare Assistant Days & Nights
A Healthcare Assistant, support carer is required by a friendly, family run nursing home specialising in Nursing, Dementia Care, Elderly Care and End of Life Care.
The aim is to provide the residents with a comfortable home and deliver the highest level of care in a dignified and compassionate way. Managed by a team of highly- qualified staff, they consistently try their utmost best to improve the resident's quality of life. They firmly believe that a nursing home is only as good as the staff and great care has been taken in recruiting highly trained, professional, caring and compassionate staff.
The Care Home's ethos is to care for the residents as if they were their own family and therefore their approach is no 'one routine fits all,' but rather a more person- centred approach, tailored to an individuals' needs and concerns.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, willing to learn and care. Training and development will be offered.
- Assist service users who may require assistance with personal care needs, assist with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence, and to help in the use of and care of aids and personal equipment ensuring diversity, preferences and needs are met whilst promoting independence. This will also include regular checks on the building including fire prevention and security. All windows and doors must be locked in hours of darkness.
- To care for service users nursing requirements, such medical/clinical duties as the Nurse in Charge directs them to carry out. This includes helping to care for service users during end of life, ensuring their dignity, privacy and choice are maintained.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreation.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and do light cleaning, empty commodes, inspect, launder and mend service users clothing. Set up tables and trays, serve meals, assist service users who need help at meal times, prepare light meals and wash up, and tidy and clear the dining room.
- Answer call bells, the door and the telephone, and welcome visitors. (Covid guidelines must be followed and ensured)
- Must bring immediately to the attention of the Nurse on duty, any changes in health or behaviour of a service user.
- Assist service users who need help, reassurance, comfort or just a cup of tea.
- On-site parking
- Free uniform
- Time and a half bank holiday pay
- Enrolment to NEST Pension
- 5.6 weeks holiday inclusive of bank holidays prorate
- Training online and some in person offered through out the year
COVID-19 considerations: Personal protective equipment provided. W eekly Testing. Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place. Vacancy Information:
About Klein Hamilton RecruitmentKlein Hamilton are Legal & IT Securities specialist Recruiters, working with magic circle, silver circle, blue chip, fintech and dynamic SME businesses, who trust us in finding them the best talent. You can apply for our vacancies in confidence.
- Location: Wigan
- Salary Range: £8.91 per hour
- Job type: Permanent
- Job Section: Health & Social Care
- Working Hours: 12 hour shift
- Working remotely: NO
- Reference: AB119
- Contact: Alison Bradley
Healthcare Assistant Days/Nights, Health & Social Care, Nursing Care, Permanent, Wigan