BirminghamTemp contract Job summary for Admin Assistant
A Birmingham based university is looking for an experienced administrator to report into senior management on campus. Ideally looking for someone with experience within the education sector to provide proactive administrative support in the relevant department.Main duties for Admin Assistant
If you are available immediately and have previous Administration experience please "HIT APPLY"Upload your most up to date CV. Thank you.
- You will act as a point of contact to provide accurate and timely information and advice to internal and external customers and stakeholders on University processes and procedures, answering queries promptly, providing guidance and resolving queries from initial contact to resolution. This will include recognising when queries need to be referred elsewhere.
- Regularly communicate relevant information to students, staff and external contacts.
- Provide administrative support for diary or event planning.
- Process data (which may be financial, HR, student-related or other), monitoring accuracy, chasing up missing information, and escalating any issues as appropriate.
- Use a variety of complex University systems and processes to research, manipulate, analyse and interpret sets of data, and produce routine reports.
- Maintain working relationship with key stakeholders, fielding queries, receiving and dealing with any disputes or complaints and resolving promptly.
- Offer advice and support to others on area of activity.
- Review processes and tasks and proactively offer suggestions for improvement and sharing best practice as appropriate.
- As required, provide a professional secretarial service to relevant committees and meetings.
- Supports equality and values diversity, moderating own behaviour to avoid unfair discriminatory impact or bias on others.