Management Accountant | North Nottingham | Offering up to £47,000 + 20% Bonus + Private Healthcare + 8% Pension + Further Benefits
Exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a highly profitable & growing £60m (30% YOY growth for the past 4 years) turnover, SME based in Nottingham as a Management Accountant.
This is an extremely broad role covering the core elements of management reporting but also reviewing the budget, forecast, strategic planning, cash flow forecasting and a wide range of other ad hoc duties.
The business is very ambitious and highly acquisitive so there is no doubt your role will grow dramatically over the next 1-2 years. The Management Accountant will also gain excellent senior stakeholder exposure including presenting to the Senior Leadership Team and working closely with heads of department including Sales, Operations and Commercial Teams.
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts with support from the finance assistants
- Reviewing and investigating variances between the actual results and budgeted/forecasted results
- Preparation of monthly reporting to key stakeholders within the business
- Support statutory audits as well as preparation of tax returns including VAT
- Identify and implement improvements
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Proven experience of working within a management accounting function with multiple budget holders
- Interpersonal skills to support, advise and influence managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial control where necessary
- Clear progression routes, although they are a smaller business they have a solid track record of promoting from within (you'll be working with the recently promoted Financial Controller who, up until very recently, was doing this role)
- Very much a flexible, employee empowering work environment. Currently it's a 2-3 day split working from home - you'll manage your own diary though
- Very entrepreneurial & informal environment
- Great benefits, 20% Bonus + Private Healthcare & Life Assurance + 8% Pension + Further Benefits
Jobs you may have applied for may include Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Qualified Accountant, Commercial Accountant.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.