A leading global professional services company seeking to appoint a group accountant into a growing team Your new company
I'm delighted to be working once again with a leading, Sheffield based professional services company who are going through a sustained, positive period of modernisation and transformation.
This is an excellent time to join an organisation who have operated successfully throughout the Pandemic and have clear strategic plans to continue their growth both nationally and globally.Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation to take responsibility for a geographical region as a Group Accountant, working within a wider group accounting team. This is a hugely wide-ranging role, and with the finance team currently preparing for the integration of a new financial system, you will provide considerable support towards this from this role.
Your key areas of responsibility for this role will encompass year-end reporting and focus around accounting controls and support, including:
- Review submitted consolidation packs whilst liaising with the relevant overseas key financial stakeholders
- Assist with IFRS calculations including: 16 (leases), IFRS 9 (financial instruments) and IFRS 15 (revenue)
- Assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts for the wider group and various subsidiaries
- Reconcile the management accounts to group accounts
- Liaise with external auditors
- Review and understand the differences between local statutory accounts and group consolidation packs
- Reconcile the reserves of group entities to individual partner position statements
- Review the closing journals and ensure that the closing balances agree to the final consolidation packs
What you'll need to succeed
- Main point of contact in central finance for an international subsidiary (English speaking) for general support, including providing accounting advice, responding to ad-hoc queries and information requests
- Drive for continued improvement and documentation of processes and procedures
- Provide cover for group team as required
- Provide support to project teams and other finance teams as required
- Provide support on the new finance system implantation project as required
You will be a qualified accountant (ideally ACA OR ACCA) with a strong technical background.
Strong Excel skills are required for this role, alongside an adaptable, proactive attitude where you will work autonomously as well as part of a team.
This role is a key role in terms of working closely with wider financial and non-financial stakeholders, and as such will require a strong ability to business partner across the group.What you'll get in return
Salary: c.£43,000 p/a
Hybrid and flexible working is available across the organisation to suit individual needs of employees.
Other benefits include:
What you need to do now
- Modern, state of the art offices
- Starting holiday entitlement of 28 days + statutory holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Pension: 6% employer/5% employee defined, contributory scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance and income protection insurance
- Dental insurance and critical illness cover
- Enhanced parental leave (maternity, paternity, adoption)
- Many others
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.