with relevant experience to join this dynamic and fast-moving business and support them through the next stage of their growth. Starting ASAP, this is a six-month role that could lead to something longer-term for the right individual. Description
- Respond to investor queries.
- Review and plan call and distribution notices to investors.
- Oversee the administration and accounting for funds including annual and quarterly reports.
- Liaise with offshore administrators.
- Support teams with fundraising when this occurs.
- Liaise and develop relationships with fund advisors, auditors.
- Prepare quarterly fund financial statements.
- Prepare year-end audited fund financial statements.
- Lead the annual audit of the funds.
- Assist in quarter-end valuations for portfolio investments.
- Assist in drafting and the review of the quarterly investor reports.
- Account for fund activities including investments, expenses, valuations, capital calls and distributions.
- Lead the US tax compliance (K-1, 1042 Forms).
- Deal with LP queries in respect of fund activity (i.e. LP audit confirmations and tax queries).
- Maintain the PEO (private equity office), which includes fund investment information, LP investor information and quarterly fund activities.
- Design and implement new fund structures, re-structure existing funds and schemes when required, wind down old schemes and management of all such arrangements
- Work with external advisers and legal team on tax structuring for investments where necessary.
- High-calibre qualified accountant, ideally ACA trained or equivalent.
- Technically strong and very knowledgeable on VC/PE funds
- Experience in leading teams and confidence in presenting to partners.
- Hardworking and used to working in a fast-moving 24/7 environment.
- Independent and flexible in working style thrives in a non-corporate, entrepreneurial team.
- Team player: open and honest: builds trust and respect.
- Ideally a passion for tech/media and start-ups.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.