Qualified Accountant - ManagerThe Role
Barber McLelland are working as an exclusive recruitment partner for a leading regional firm of accountants who are looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious qualified ACA or ACCA accountant for the position of Manager based within their Sheffield office.
Having recently expanded through acquisition and with plans to further expand client services across the Yorkshire region, this newly created position will be part of the businesses senior leadership team.
The firm are looking for an individual who demonstrates ambition and drive, who wishes to become part of a highly successful team and shares their commitment to ongoing development and learning at all levels of the business.Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of an accounting team and the delivery of accounting services, duties will include :
Skills and Qualities
- Management of a varied client portfolio (all of which are audit exempt)
- Management of a team of accounting professional which will be a mix of part and fully qualified staff members
- Preparation of Statutory and Management Accounts
- Preparation of business plans and financial forecasting
- Review of year end accounts and corporate tax prepared by staff members
- Preparation of clients annual budgets
- Development of staff through training and support
- Point of contact for managing client queries
- Managing deadlines - Ensuring VAT Returns and company year end jobs are filed each month by the required deadlines, along with checking of report summaries to Companies House and HMRC online each month to the deadlines for the department
The business are looking to recruit a post qualified ACA or ACCA accountant who has developed a minimum of 5 years experience working within an accountancy practice, individuals must also have experience of managing staff members, including reviewing work.
Individuals must have the ability to manage both clients and staff, ensuring deadlines are achieved. Knowledge of cloud accounting and experience in the management of your own client portfolio would also be a distinct advantage.Package
- Salary of between £40,000 - £45,000
- Annual bonus
- Option for some home working
- On site parking
- Westfield Health
- 29 Days Holiday (which includes closure for Christmas period)
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland Ltd.