This Category manager role is a strategic role that will add to the business success within their joint venture project. The individual will be managing several category's such as Drainage material's, Pumping station materials, Steel, Timber and Construction material's. Managing these category's with engaging heavily with stake holders and contributing to the businesses savings and spend successfully.Client Details
The Client is an international Infrastructure business that operates in a handful of countries worldwide. The business wants to help communities and trigger economic growth. Finally The business has constantly grown since it was founded in the early 1990's, constantly operating complex, huge scale projects including being in joint venture with HS2, that is adding value and growth within Society.Description
- Supporting and managing a team successfully and confidently.
- Implementing and maintaining new relationships with stakeholders, being a key decision maker
- Developing existing category plans and creating new plan and structures to improve the business success and spend.
- Understanding the current structure and excising spend within main appointed category's.
- Communicating with external and internal network
- Having strong communication skills with other team members.
- Strong negotiation skills with clients and businesses.
The following qualities/experience are essential:Articulate around senior management.
- Is confident engaging with stakeholders and making key decisions
- Good listener who can be influential and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication and steer conversation towards decisions.
- Experience within procurement in particular sourcing (PQQ, RFI, RFP).
- CIPS qualified, studying towards or equivalent studies.
- High level of professionalism and wants to make a change.
- Team player who has a positive attitude.
This Category manager role is a great opportunity for an individual that wants to join an international business and contribute in a huge up and coming joint business venture. The role is based just outside of Birmingham and will be a Hybrid working work situation. The role will 40/60 office/work rota.
The position is offering up to £80,000 + benefits and car allowance.
You will receive support and training to up-skill you across weaker areas to be fully autonomous, but also to give you career satisfaction and enjoyment!
For full details drop me an initial call or apply for a call back!