You will form part of the IT leadership team, helping define and deliver the IT strategy to the firm. Working closely with the IT director, you will be responsible for infrastructure and desktop support across the entire IT department.
- This role would require some hands-on infrastructure experience for escalated issues and projects
- Forming part of the review board on critical infrastructure projects
- Manage the infrastructure & desktop support teams, training/mentoring junior members and improving the team.
- The team is responsible for business as usual support for the core infrastructure, platforms and services whilst continuing to enable innovation and security
- Ensure the IT Infrastructure is designed and positioned to deliver the Firm's IT strategy.
- Ensure that all of the Firm's platforms are properly capacity-managed and that upgrades are scheduled in sufficient time to avoid impact to the service
- Ensure that appropriate layers of security are in place to protect the Firm's infrastructure against security threats.
- You will have experience managing an Infrastructure & Support team, within a banking environment.
- 10 - 15 years' experience in IT and within management roles
- Experience managing an infrastructure/desktop department, involving; BAU, Project Management, Planning & Growth, Architecture & Design and Desktop Management.
The role is working with a firm expanding rapidly and investing plenty within the growth of the IT function. The role is working in an Agile environment and can offer working from home when required.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/95624495