At Lifebit, we carve our own path. Trusted by Governments and world-leading pharma institutions and funded with a over $70m we are on a mission to harness the power of connected data and bring precision medicine to life globally. The key to saving human lives is providing researchers across the globe with the right data to develop more precise drugs faster.
Generating large amounts of biomedical data has become relatively straightforward. The challenge now is finding, accessing and analysing this sensitive data stored across thousands of disconnected locations. It is frustrating and painfully difficult for researchers.
Lifebit has created a patented, federated technology that brings analysis and computation to where data resides. This enables researchers to run analyses on multiple, distributed datasets in-situ, avoiding the risky movement of highly-sensitive data.
Lifebit powers pioneers in national precision medicine such as Genomics England (UK Government) and the Hong Kong Genome Project and guides them on how to make their valuable data usable securely. Biotech and pharma leaders like Boehringer Ingelheim turn to Lifebit to connect them to this otherwise locked up data to obtain novel therapeutic insights.
Our technology is unmatched and momentum is on our side - but we need an exceptionally strong team to help boost Lifebit to incredible new heights.
If you like how we sound and you share our commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big data, Machine Learning, and AI we want to hear from you today.
As a Senior Account Manager in our team, you will:
- Create and drive opportunities with pharma and biotech companies
- Execute on building relationships with top 50 pharmas and generate new opportunities
- Be responsible for closing enterprise contracts, fulfilling a quarterly billings quota
- Project-manage and leverage relevant Lifebit bioinformatics solutions architects, engineers and lawyers to create solutions and commercial proposals and take ultimate ownership for the overall sales process all the way to close
- Coordinate marketing, technical support and junior sales team & staff to ensure alignment of activities and alignment on common goals
- Closely monitor customer projects through the establishment of mutually agreed up success criteria that will result in a contract when successful
- Develop and maintain a 3x pipeline to quota of well qualified opportunities to meet and exceed all assigned business objectives and performance requirements on a quarterly and annual basis
- Work is all home based for now. Travel may be required up to 30% post Covid
We are looking for experienced life sciences sales people to join our team today. Please view these role requirements as just an indication of what we're looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
Hopefully, you'll have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor/Masters degree in business, technical and/or life science degree
- 5+ years of successful sales experience with a verifiable track record of quota attainment selling enterprise software solutions
- 2+ years of experience in Life Sciences (pharma, genomics biotech)
- Ability to rapidly learn about complex technology solutions and relay them to clients
- Ability to rapidly acquire domain expertise in a new or adjacent field
- Experience with selling complex software deals for Saas life sciences software
- A "What-ever-it-takes" mentality
- A "Team Player" attitude, with excellent organisational skills and proven ability to leverage internal resources.
The following would be an added bonus (not requirements)
- Previous sales experience with an orientation towards a scientific or engineering based solution
- Extensive contact list of decision makers and key users within the Top 50 pharma sector
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Conferences, events and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- International and diverse team
- Flexible working during summer