For any business to grow and provide exceptional service they need exceptional leaders. Leaders who understand how to motivate, develop and organise a team of talented individuals. Are you currently in a leadership role or always thought you'd make a great leader? Either way, let's chat.Who is Stowe Family Law?
To be a Legal Assistant Team Leader you'll be;
- We're the country's largest specialist family law firm with over 80 Lawyers across 42 offices. We all come to work every day and pull together; the way we help our clients is exceptional because Family Law is all we do. In the last few years we've grown our business by over 150% and laid the groundwork to build something really special, so now is a great time to join us.
- Personable, friendly and driven in the pursuit of excellent client care
- Currently working in a team leader position with experience as a legal assistant
- Currently working as a legal assistant within family law and have the potential to move into this position
Aligned to Stowe values, in particular 'We Want Growth' - see belowIn this role you'll likely get involved in;Team Leader
- Leading, coordinating and motivating your team of legal assistants, ensuring they have the right environment to succeed
- Completing monthly 1-1 meetings to identify strengths and areas of improvement in your team.
- Providing coaching sessions to help your team reach their potential
- Ongoing management of your team's performance levels, managing workloads with other lawyers
- Working with the HR department to resolve any performance or conflict issues within your team
- Organising team social initiatives
Values & Behaviours;
- Liaising with clients and solicitors, taking detailed messages, ensuring clients are kept informed of progress and supported in their communications with us.
- Calls to Court and to other third parties
- Populating and maintaining case management system
- Diary management/organising meetings
- Attending meetings and preparing follow-up notes
- Researching property particulars for clients
- Undertaking searches (Land Registry/Company)
- Analysing supporting documents/noting discrepancies
- Preparing assets schedules
- Drafting court forms/documentation following mediation/negotiation agreement
- Preparation of (E)bundles
- Using HMCTS portal to lodge applications
- Attending court to take notes/support clients
- We Want Growth: The more we grow, the more we can help. Challenge the norm; Keep learning; Hire the right people.
- We Achieve Together: We're better with each other than on our own. Share the load; Make connections and introductions.
- We Have Spirit: We love what we do, and it always shines through. Be nice; Cheer each other on; Get rave reviews.
If you're ambitious, then we'll offer you a great salary, a chance to work with wonderful people and the opportunity to work in a really clever way. You'll have flexibility to work from home, or the office, whenever you like (post Covid) and you'll arrange your days or weeks around your commitments, family, clients and leisure activities.
The firm is committed to supporting the development of Legal Assistants and will consider applications for support with CILEX or other appropriate qualifications on a case-by-case basis depending on performance and business need. Currently we are not able to guarantee that we will fund CILEX or equivalent training, but we will consider applications from LAs in good faith. Funding support for qualifications is typically subject to a 'claw-back' arrangement if the employee leaves within 12 months.
- An attractive salary
- Lucrative performance and values related bonus
- 26 days annual leave
- Mental wellbeing days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pension
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced adoption pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Enhanced bereavement pay
- Paid emergency dependents leave
- Paid leave for fertility treatment
- Simply health (including counselling sessions, 24/7 GP access, dental cover, health assessments etc)
- Discounted legal services
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loans
- Flexible working - and we actually mean that
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant"