Community Shops are part of the largest commercial redistributor of surplus food and household products in the UK. We enable some of the biggest retailers, manufacturers, food service and logistics providers to unlock value from surplus stock, which may otherwise have gone to waste. The surplus we handle is redistributed through our Company Shop stores, and our award-winning social enterprise Community Shop where we build stronger individuals and more confident communities. Working with our partners, we deliver an incredible impact and we're proud to be a good business doing good.About The Role
Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- To consistently deliver great member service by truly putting our members at the heart of what we do, focusing on the store standards.
- To assist in co-ordinating the team of colleagues to consistently deliver outstanding performance.
- Excellent store standards and who demonstrate an uncompromising view on the service we provide to members.
- To keep the store running like clockwork, from motivation colleagues and delegating tasks and maintaining high store standards.
- Ensure that you assist the Team Manager to deliver the day-to-day operation of the store through routine processes and practices.
- Ensuring that all members of the team adhere to all company shop group policies and procedures.
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, and a real can-do attitude.
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail that has a creative approach to merchandising.
- The ability to run store efficiently in the absence of the Team Manager.
- Work alongside Team Manager to achieve daily/weekly targets.
- To work alongside Team Manager to encourage and build strong individuals and more confident communities.
- Our stores are successful when we are all in it together and deliver a great experience for our members, by doing the right thing you will make a difference.
- Day to day running of the store in the absence of the Team Manager.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental policies, and practices are upheld, whilst proactively encouraging your team to promote a culture of good HSE practices.
- Following the daily practises, processes, and procedures in place.
- Ensuring offers and availability is maintained whist offering members the best prices. (Keeping Price and promotions).
- Responsible for maintaining and upkeeping legal labelling POS requirements and raising any discrepancies to technical.
- Engage your team both within your department and within other departments to support cross functional and positive working relationships.
- Employ a supportive and high performing culture with consistent delivery, through excellent leadership and motivation, that fully utilises and develops your teams' skills and capabilities
- Lead and develop members of your team to deliver performance against plan and ensure they deliver the tasks they are accountable for
- Ensure that all members of your team adhere to all Company Shop Group policies and procedures
- Active promote and encourage the reporting of any near misses and accidents
- Support, develop, coach and guide all members of your team through the use of development and succession planning
- Keep up to date with information relevant to your department and cascade this accordingly to your team.
- Assist in the merchandising of store to maximise sales potential.
- Create an engaging department where colleagues are trusted by our members and are aware that they are at the heart of everything we do.
- Drive membership numbers in store, including signing members up and printing and distribution of membership cards.
- Ensure that our colleagues uphold our culture and deliver an exceptional member experience.
- Creating an environment where our members can feel safe and supported and can strive to be the best version of themselves.
- Be an ambassador for your store creating a welcoming atmosphere and great shopping experience for our members.
Strive towards the achievements of KPIs within the following areas:
Skills And Experience
- Sales via daily targets
- Stock/reduction waste
- Member satisfaction
- Keeping team engaged and motivated, display a positive attitude
- Lead by example and uphold Company Shop Group values at all times
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- To be flexible and adaptable to support the needs of the business
- Strong operational and technical knowledge of your departmental area
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and manage own workload while working to strict deadlines
- Service focused mindset for both internal and external customers
- Solution focused mindset bringing solutions and opportunities
- A desire to continually focus on your own continued professional development
Location: Knottingley Community Shop
Rate of pay: £9.55 per hour, paid on a 4 weekly basis.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Please note we need our Team Leaders to be flexible about when they can work. This role will include working evenings, weekends and bank holidays