Robertson Bell are delighted to be exclusively working with a Public Sector organisation, with offices located nationally, to recruit an Interim Risk Manager on a 6-month contract with a strong chance of extension beyond this point. The role will offer fully remote working initially, but they will be moving to a flexible hybrid working model in due course.
As the Interim Risk Manager, you will manage the application of and continuously review the Enterprise Risk Management framework to ensure it is embedded and operating effectively across the organisation.Specific responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will:
- As the subject matter expert, work directly with and provide specialist advice and support to the Heads of Business Units, engaging with them on a one-to-one basis if necessary to develop and ensure their understanding of Risk Management leading to the successful delivery of the business objectives.
- Prepare comprehensive reports for the Board setting out such changes and the consequent amendments to internal governance arrangements and procedures.
- Pro-actively identify delays and resourcing difficulties and mitigate these to ensure smooth delivery or projects and procurement exercises.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Finance Business Partners to train and mentor colleagues across the organisation on good financial management practice using risk management principles and approaches
- To help with the co-ordination of the organisation's response to Internal Audit recommendations following by analysing the Audit reports outcomes.
- Draft papers for the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee meeting.
- Have experience of working in a Risk and/or Assurance Managers role within the Public sector.
- Will have excellent communication skills both written and verbally and have experience of drafting reports for committee and board level meetings.
This role has been deemed to fall inside IR35, and will be paid through an umbrella company.